For what is good and best

"Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not"
Al Baqarah verse 216

I have been thinking for awhile
In the deepest depth of dilemma
Through series of unseen self-persecution
Lost in search for glimpses of favorable lights
Hoping to appear on the distant horizon
Be it in studies, sports, organizing, preaching
Seems as if I am not on top of my game in everything

Experience is the best teacher
I know deep down that I have learn a lot from what I have been through
What we want in life, maybe is not the best for us
Alhamdulillah for this enormous support and compassionate love my companions have laid on me

Two roads diverge apart
On the edge of what is good, and what is best, I made my choice
To live and forget.. To never hinge on this false hope
I shall wait for maybe a even better ordeal Allah has in store in me
Only for those who are patient and faithful
And those who are patient and faithful, is one I must be

0 comments: