ISMA

Its open to the public really. I am one of the third year SR, and I am ISMA. Ready and willing to commit to ISMA with all that I have. Some may ask why do I decide so? With all the rumours around. People questioning and taking about us here and there.. The sayings are loud to the extend that some friends became afraid to reveal themselve as ISMA. Afraid that the public perception to them will be different. The way they are treated will be different. Others may not accpet them anymore. And worst, which is feared the most, friends may walk away and never be the same. Yes, I admit, to understand ISMA fully is not easy. In fact there are times when I had my doubts. A different way of thinking, some sort alienated, takes time to be accepted and fought for.

It was two years back when I was invited. Initially, I accepted the invitation as to change myself. I saw it as an oppurtonity to be educated, trained and shaped to be someone better. I had nothing in me before. With a broken family, and a broken dream. For somebody who never enjoyed an islamic-based education at school. Somebody who had never came accross the word "tarbhiah" before. A nobody, who owns very little, yet lost so much along the way. The call was a shimmering light of hope. A path that opens to a new me.

I was happy. Happy with some great individuals that was willing to guide me. With friends who shares the same virtue to be someone better than yesterday. Usrah became a paradise on earth. "Murabbi", "Mad'u", "Biah" and "Manhaj", The four elements blend together creating the right formula of success. Day by day I felt improvement. Even such small ones. I felt at peace. The ones who guided us didn't ask for anything in return in doing their work. They will not get money, nor will they get fame. Certainly not power. Instead, almost every penny they had extra they will spend it for ISMA, for tarbhiah. Believe it or not, some of them in ISMA only ate white rice and boiled egg everyday. Some may not even enjoy boiled egg. They did not enjoy whealth. Yet they were thankful and appreciate what they had. Something that was kept secret. Something I just happen to know a few days back. I shed tears. Because all they aim for are blessings from Allah and nothing more. So how would I say that what they are fighting for are wrong???

Sometimes I wonder, as a simple thought, we are trying to do good to people, yet some hate us so much. Even when we did nothing wrong to others. Yet mocked so often. Issues are provoked. For every doubt I had in my mind, I will always asks those who are more experienced in this congregation. Discuss the issues together. A two way conversation that have always been fruitful. They would welcome any question and gave the best explaination to me. Futher strenghtening my believe. Because ISMA had never dominated me. Never forced me to do anything. All they did was laid me a way to improve and contribute towards myself, my families, my friends and the society. I didn't follow blindly. I would seek every reasons behind any stand and action ISMA made. And with my own heart, I choose to believe, be involved and work along.

Even if I am a member of ISMA, insyaAllah, never had I not gave 100% to my responsibility as a student representative (SR). A trust given to me by friends. Something I cannot bare to ignore. Alhamdulillah, my SR teammates, rahmat, alia and nabiha was very understanding. They trusted be to do my best in both field. Not so long now, I will step down my place. And someone better will replaced me. My time as a SR will end. Hopefully, even if its not much, I had contributed something to my beloved doctors of 2014.

Here in Alexandria, Egypt, ISMA is still new. And in certain areas, we still need a little bit of improvement. Strenght comes first before numbers. And strenght will be our stage where we will continue to built and grow. As for where I am now, my faith is indivisible. With Allah blessings we receive guidance. ISMA acts as a medium that was able to touch me, and moved me closer to work for Allah blessings. As a person in debt, I wish to return the favour I received. So those who said bad things about ISMA, they have actually said bad things to something that was able to show the good in me. This is what ISMA means to me.

Hence, I will walk this path. Wishing to work harder than ever from now on. ISMA is a medium. The goal is Allah. To foster the generation of hope. Together..
"MEMBINA GENERASI HARAPAN"
InsyaAllah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku doakan mereka2 yang makan telur rebus tu akan diberkati hidupnya, dilimpahkan rezeki, dipermudahkan jalan dunia akhirat

Khairi Malik said...

salam...
Do not be afraid of perceptions coz every single person has their own perception

aliff asyraf said...

anon : InsyaAllah.. amin
khairi : wsalam.. erm, pastinya penilaian orang lain2.. yang penting kita berlapang dada atas perbezaan, bekerjasama atas persamaan.. syukran atas nasihat.. :)

nizahari said...

not to argue, condemn or to judge. but i love to hear people perception so that i can have a better view on this issue. Since u hv quite a strong stand, i want to hear ur opinion on certain points;

1.So, u do think that u're differ from other?
2.What make u different from other after joining isma?
3. Why u have to named urself as an ISMA?
4. Why not let alone it be just urself?

itu sj. all da best. tq.

aliff asyraf said...

first and far most, I would like to say thank you.. because in this sort of issue, people tend to use anonymous to argue, condemn, or judge.. I see your question as a curiousity, and nothing more. InsyaAllah, I will try my best to give the best answer
1) I do not think I am different from others. Everyone have their own specialities and shortcoming. I have mine..
2) I am not different from other. I am just differrent from my past. Not to say that I am complete now. Just trying to be better.
3) True, I have name myself an ISMA. But only recently. And insyaAllah, I am prepared with all of the consequences from the start. For few reasons really :
- I do not want people to think that ISMA is rigid. We are not forced to work with and only for ISMA. I want people to know that I tried my best contributing to both PERUBATAN and ISMA. There are no such restriction to not be involve in work other than ISMA. I believe most of ISMA members have or had contributed to his/her batch. The only different is either directly (as one of the AJKT or SR for example) or Indirectly (being an AJK for a program and help make videos). Im just sad that some say we are shellfish. As written, insyaAllah, never had I tried not to give 100% as a SR. So why can't I be involve with ISMA too?
- I want to see people perception towards me. I want to be involve in the field directly. I want to be approached. Can people open heartly accept my status, or do they try and influence me to move away from ISMA and contribute to PERUBATAN. Or do they isolate me. ISMA had never dominated me and never really stress that they are the only one who are correct. They let me choose. And be involve with PERUBATAN freely. How is it with the other party? I understand some do not want to be involve with PERUBATAN. But I think it depends on their capability. To fokus on both is really not easy.
- I want to give a good image. I do not want ISMA to be alienated. Something so mystery, so secretive. Because I feel that I am ready to face the society, whcih is not easy ofcourse.
4) Sometimes, maybe its better if I let it alone be myself. But I will not learn anything. InsyaAllah I am trying to learn about both parties. So I will not hear only from ISMA.

Lastly, just want to stress that nobody is perfect. If a member from ISMA offend you about something, or you do not agree with something, I would like to say sorry.. Wa both have our field. As long as we are working for islam, then even if our ways are different, I don't see any problem. All the best kak nisa. :)

Rahman D said...

alif semoga Allah thabatkan anda,saya dan semua insyAllah... inilah langkah bermulanya 'muntolaq' jgn biarkan terhenti alip...sama2 kita melihat medan yang lebih besar iaitu mengislah ummah untuk Allah dan agamanya

aliff asyraf said...

kadang-kadang fokus terganggu dengan benda-benda yang dah jadi.. insyaAllah, harap fokus kita x lari.. lihat kepada medan yang lebih besar.. insyaAllah